Buche de Noel

 
Mom adores Buche de Noel cakes, especially around Christmastime.
So, I planned to surprise her with my creation of a yule log on Christmas Eve.
She and Mary had gone shopping, so I was queen of the kitchen for 6 hrs...
 
Chocolate sponge cake
 
 
+
Chocolate whipped cream

 
=
 edible log to hide in the basement for 24 hrs,
which is really hard for someone who cannot keep secrets!
 
Dad helped me wash the dishes so mom wouldn't know I had baked.
 

 I added some meringue mushrooms, that were hidden in my closet, before serving.
I think she was surprised!

 
Here's the final result (left; after tasting) compared to another yule log I did in Jan. (right)
I kind of like the right one better.


 
Ta da!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About M and M

My photo
Mary and Maggie, artist and baker, are twin sisters who collaborate their respective talents together in various projects for friends and family. They are students at Berry College. Mary is studying art history and Maggie marketing; both girls also have a double major in music, being violinists.

Maggie and Mary

Maggie and Mary
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...