I Declare Eclair Class! July 11

Today was my, Maggie's, eclair class with Chef Gimette at La Cuisine Paris.
It was a fabulous class with a wonderful detailed instructor.

I was with 6 other students: an au pair from germany, an exchange student from New York, a mother and daughter from Brighton, a Taiwanese woman, and another lady from Salt Lake City.
This is Chef Gimette and my new friend Nora.
First, we prepared the pate a choux - the pastry.
It's very simple, made with water, butter, flour, salt, and eggs.
I learned how to pipe them with care.


We then sent them to the oven where they puffed like this:
While they puffed, we whipped together our cream fillings - vanilla bean and raspberry.
The filling was similar to a custard.
We covered it with plastic wrap to keep it from forming a skin while cooling.
Crushed raspberries gave us a pink color.
Because of the 14th of July - Bastille Day which is this Sunday, we got special colors for our fondant glaze - white and red from the French flag.
 So with melted chocolate and garnished with red currants, blueberries, and raspberries, I present to you
Eclairs aux framboises et Eclairs a la vanille.
Here is where I spent 2 hours hard at work
and this is what my mom and Meme were up to.....

2 comments:

 

About M and M

My photo
Mary and Maggie, artist and baker, are twin sisters who collaborate their respective talents together in various projects for friends and family. They are students at Berry College. Mary is studying art history and Maggie marketing; both girls also have a double major in music, being violinists.

Maggie and Mary

Maggie and Mary
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...